Saturday, March 6, 2021

Personal Political Responsibility

 I am not going to whine, I cannot say who is right or wrong because most people think they and like-minded others are right and everyone else is wrong; but what I can do is support our country having a transparent and legal process. So why doesn't everyone stop bickering and trying to prove they are right? Practices should be questioned and re-examined. Even though I have despised some outcomes of the past for all positions on The Hill, I am an American first (in citizenry) and try to support our ways and find comfort that when dissatisfied, we are still free and able to challenge and make changes. But when the final outcome is decided, it is my responsibility to accept whoever is in any office as far as acknowledging them as my president, senators, and representatives. On my own, I have a personal responsibility to stay sufficiently tuned in, do what I am willing to do within the legal options we have available to us to encourage or discourage an issue, and hold myself to a standard higher than being a mouthy finger-pointer.

For whatever "truth" someone wants to flaunt, there is plenty of seemingly credible information to support it or tear it down. The strongest truth is what we observe and interpret for ourselves, just like the Edith Ann comedy routines Lilly Tomlin did. In Googling, this series of Edith Ann statements on an old record popped up. I loved listening to the whole thing; but especially pertinent to politics (all throughout history) is what she says at the 9-minute mark:  “Lady, I do not make up things.  That is lies.  Lies is not true.  But the truth can be made up, if you know how.  And that’s the truth.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIooSBneL9Y

 Copyright © November 2020 by Maeke Ermarth

                                Cheyenne, WY

 

No comments:

Post a Comment