Thursday, December 3, 2015

Loving Responsibly

What is commonly referred to as “tough love” I think of as “loving responsibly.”  It is love that is hard but necessary.  It requires accepting possibly being resented, rejected or challenged; and that’s okay.  At least the message is delivered, and that is what is important.  The hardest part of loving responsibly is imparting unwanted information; but if potential danger lurks, there is justified guilt laid on the one who keeps silent.  I’d rather take my chances being vocal than suffer the guilt of silence.  From where I stand, only supreme love motivates me to take that challenge; to the receiver, that is the highest compliment I can ever give.

Copyright © December 2015 by Maeke Ermarth
                   Cheyenne, WY


No comments:

Post a Comment